UPDATE on VCF-74 availability:
First, we would like to thank everyone for their continued patience with the VCF-74 being out-of-stock worldwide. We decided to revise the VCF-74 for the next production run. But don't worry, we are not making any major changes that affect the core sound/characteristic of this filter module. Rather, some minor improvements. However, the sheer number and type of changes warranted a "MK2" designation for this revision.
We are now starting the production of the new VCF-74 ("MK2" version). Our estimate for the first shipment will be September of this year (2017).What are the changes for the new MK2 version of VCF-74?...
1. The faceplate will look exactly the same, except the addition of "MK2" nomenclature screen printed.
2. The audio signal path will have slightly lower frequency response as a result of component value changes.
3. The audio signal path will now use fewer coupling capacitors (more direct-coupled circuits mean better performance, less slewing).
4. Added buffer circuits at the input and final filter-to-output stage (which will improve performance)
5. Added calibration trim-pots for resonance control.
6. Revised power supply filtering scheme for the discrete (Class-A) filter stages (which reduces incoming power supply noise/ripple).
7. Added ESD protection (ESD suppressor diodes) to each front panel jack.
8. Changed power inlet header from 16P to 10P.
The VSL crew